1. Age requirements & Drivers license
To be able to rent a Cozy Camper the registered driver and any extra drivers must be at least 20 years old and have held a drivers license for at least 12 months prior to the rental date.
2. Reservation & Payment
Reservations must be made ONLINE at least 48 hours before the rental period begins and to reserve a Cozy Camper a deposit of 50% is required (full payments are optional when booking).
Any balance can be paid in MANAGE BOOKING or during the check-in with a credit card.
At the start of the rental, we will take an imprint of your card for security reasons, even when a voucher covers the total cost of the rental. This imprint may be used to cover any extra charges such as parking or traffic tickets, fuel-refill, damage to the vehicle or any other cost due to the use of the rented.
Note we do NOT accept AMEX
3. Rental Period
Minimum rental period is 3 days (72 hours).
Local value added tax (VAT) 24% is included in all prices.
100% refund when you cancel 48 hours or more prior to the start of your rental. After that time we hold a 20% cancellation fee (off the whole amount of your order).
Note that we can not be held responsible for any changes in exchange rates
You can edit your booking up to 48 hours before the rental in MANAGE BOOKING
- Extend rental
- Add extras and insurance
- Edit personal info
For other changes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Early returns
If you wish to return the camper earlier then the date / time specified on your reservation we require a 1+ hours notice.
No refunds are given for early returns
2. Service Fees
We charge a handling fee of 20 EUR for each fine we have to process (parking, tunnel, speeding, other violations/negligence).
2. Late Returns
If you return the camper 1+ hours later than the drop off time registered on the reservation we charge a FINE of 100 EUR for every hour you are late.
3. Fuel Tank
Normally the camper comes with a full fuel tank, so you are require to return the camper with a full tank or at the same level you took it, If you do not we will charge for the fuel needed to fill the tank as well as a handling fee of 50 EUR
We ask you to take good care of your Cozy Camper while traveling. Free cleaning is included with each vehicle. However if the camper is exceptionally dirty (on the inside) we charge 100 EUR
Smoking is strictly forbidden inside the campers, the renter will be liable for a fine and cleaning fee of total 250 EUR
It is strictly forbidden for 2×4 campers to drive on F roads (highland roads). The renter will be liable for 50 EUR fine for each driven km on the F road.
Note we use data from the tracker in the camper to calculate the driven km
7. Car Transport
If the camper needs to be towed/transported a third party service provider is arranged and payments are between the renter and the service provider.
NO insurance covers the following
- Putting gasoline on a diesel engine
- Getting the camper stuck ( in sand, snow or mud )
- Keys locked inside the camper
- Draining the start battery
- Driving in water/rivers resulting in water damage
- Driving on closed roads (marked red)
- Driving out of roads (off roads)
When a camper gets damaged and needs to go to a workshop for a repair and cabas evaluation there are additional processing costs that are not covered by standard insurance, for each incident we charge processing fee of 200 EUR. More about this can be found under Insurance
3. Pick-up & Drop-off
Campers are ready for pick-up at Cozy Campers on the date/time registered on the reservation.
Transport to Cozy Campers
You can choose a transport option up to 48 hours before the rental
- City Center / Hotel in Reykjavik (FREE)
You’ll be transported from the City Center / your accommodation in Reykjavik to Cozy Campers where you’ll receive the camper.
– Transfer available from the following Reykjavik zip codes: 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 107 and 108
- Flybus option from KEF airport (FREE)
The flybus will transport you from KEF airport to BSI Bus Terminal in Reykjavik, from there you’ll be transported to Cozy Campers where you’ll receive the camper.
– If your flight is delayed past 15:30 you will be arriving at Cozy Campers AFTER HOURS. In this case you can ONLY access the key for the camper if you have completed the ONLINE check-in (Online check-in closes 24 hours before the rental) otherwise you will have to pickup the camper the following day.
– We do NOT cover the cost of the transfer from BSI if you arrive at Cozy Campers OUTSIDE OF OPENING HOURS.
- Private transfer from KEF airport (60 EUR)
You’ll be transported from KEF airport directly to Cozy Campers where you’ll receive the camper.
– If your flight arrival is LATER THAN 16:00 you will be arriving at Cozy Campers AFTER HOURS. In this case you can ONLY access the key for the camper if you have completed the ONLINE check-in (Online check-in closes 24 hours before the rental) otherwise you will have to pickup the camper the following day.
Good to know
- You have up to 48 hours before the rental to choose a transport option
- 48 hours before the rental you’ll receive an email with access to BOOK the transfer according to the option you chose.
- Transfers (including flybus tickets) need to be BOOKED through us. No refund available.
AFTER HOURS pick-up
Available for those that have completed the ONLINE check-in.
All campers must be dropped off at our office!
Drop-off during opening hours: Please drop the camper off at our office at the time specified on your reservation. The drop off process can take 30-60 depending on the insurance you have chosen:
– 30-45 minutes with PREMIUM insurance
– 45-60 minutes with the CDW / SCDW insurance
Please gather your belongings, tidy up and throw away trash before handing over the key.
Transport from Cozy Campers
- Cozy shuttle (FREE)
We offer a shuttle to downtown Reykjavik everyday. No need to pre-book
Reykjavik Terminal > BSI Bus Terminal > City Center / Hotel
Shuttle departure from Cozy Campers: 10:00 | 12:00 | 16:30 | 17:30
- Make sure to return the camper at least 45 minutes before the shuttle departure.
Shuttle schedule valid throughout 2023
AFTER HOURS drop-off
If you wish to drop your Cozy Camper off outside of opening hours, that is between 5:30 pm – 9:00 am, a security deposit equivalent to your insurance self-risk (200-2000 EUR) will be taken at the start of the rental. This deposit may be used to cover any extra charges such as parking, traffic or toll fines, fuel refill, damage to the vehicle or any other cost due to the use of the rented vehicle.
Please park the camper outside our office, gather your belongings, turn off the heater and fridge, tidy up and throw away trash before locking the camper and return the keys through the hatch on our office door.
Note: No transport option is available after hours, therefore we recommend downloading the taxi hreyfill app for easy transport to your next location.
Don’t Be Late !
If you return the camper 1+ hours later then the drop off time registered on your reservation we charge a FINE of 100 EUR for every hour you are late.
If you wish to return the camper earlier then the time specified on your reservation we require you to give us a
1 hour notice!
NO refunds are given for early returns.
We reserve the right to substitute a vehicle if the reserved camper is not available upon pick-up, either with a similar camper or a camper of a higher class.
All our campers are well equipped with all the essentials you need to enjoy your travel in Iceland:
– Bed (120×193 cm) *Note that Cozy 1 has a smaller bed (110×193*)
– Sink with running water
– Gas Stove + 1 Gas Can
– Cookware & Kitchenware
– Linen, Duvets & Pillows
– Heating System
– Extra Battery
– Unlimited km/miles
– Tracking Device
– CDW Insurance
All our campers are equipped with a tracking device to ensure your safety while traveling in Iceland. Note that your location is confidential and will never be given out to a third party.
It is forbidden to drive off road or marked paths. 2×4 (2-wheel drive) vehicles are forbidden to drive on roads marked as F-roads (highland roads), as well as driving on Kjölur (road 35) or Kaldidalur (road 550), road 570, road 936, road 910 and Road 622, or any road marked with a jeep on road.is map.
Driving on roads marked as F-roads (highland roads) is only allowed on 4×4 (4-wheel drive) vehicles. A few roads are off limits for our 4×4 campers and they are: Road 622, F-578, F-337, F-261, F-210, F-821, F-88, F-910, F-894 and F-980.
Landmannalaugar – recommended route: F208 North (road 32 – road F26 – F208) or F225 (road 26 – F225) – If you choose to drive F208 South to Landmannalaugar please be extra cautious!
Þórsmörk – recommended route: road 249 – road F-249 (do NOT cross the river Krossá under any circumstances)
Note that river crossing on F-roads is completely on your own responsibility and any damage due to river crossing is on your own cost. Violations due to forbidden road crossing could result in a fine equivalent to the amount of your self-risk according to Cozy Campers price list. Note that fines do not affect your liability regarding damage.
– Road 864 (Hólsfjallavegur, Northern Iceland) – 4×4 recommended!
– Road 939 (Öxi, Eastern Iceland) – All campers: AVOID during winter!
Weather & Road Information
Obtaining information regarding road conditions, weather forecast and general warnings while traveling in Iceland is on your own responsibility. For more information regarding weather and road conditions see:
NO insurance cover the following
- Putting gasoline on a diesel engine
- Getting the camper stuck (in sand, snow or mud)
- Keys locked inside the camper
- Draining the start battery
- Driving in water/rivers resulting in water damage
- Driving on closed/impassable roads (marked red)
- Driving out of roads (off roads)
Mandatory Vehicle Insurance
1. Third party liability insurance will be equivalent to the amount stipulated in Icelandic law at any given time.
2. CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) is included with each rental. The CDW insurance includes liability insurance and accident insurance for the driver and owner of the vehicle. You are liable for damages to the vehicle up to the amount of 2000 EUR
Additional Vehicle Insurance
To lower your self-risk you can purchase the SCDW (Super Collision Damage Waiver). The SCDW includes liability insurance and accident insurance for the driver and the owner of the vehicle. With the SCDW you are liable for damages to the vehicle up to the amount of 600 EUR
Covers damages to the windscreen, headlights, body and paint on the front of the vehicle caused by gravel thrown to the vehicle. Zero 0 self-risk
Covers the cost of fixing a flat tire or a new tire if it can not be fixed. All tools needed to change a tire come with the camper. Zero 0 self-risk
Covers the theft in case the camper gets stolen.
Note: this insurance does NOT cover your personal belongings.
Scratch & Dent Protection
Covers all scratches and smaller dents like door dings (4×4 cm or smaller) Zero 0 self risk
Sand And Ash Protection
Covers damages to the paint, windows, lights and components of the vehicle due to sand and ash storms. Zero 0 self risk
Covers all above! Includes SCDW, GP and SAAP insurance. With the Premium Package you are liable for damages to the vehicle up to the amount of 200 EUR
Collision & Damage
1. In case of a collision or accident we charge the whole amount of your insurance self-risk from your credit card. When the severity of the damage has been evaluated by a certified third party workshop, we will refund the balance between your self-risk and the price of repairing the damage. Note that this process can take up to 30 days.
2. Each insurance self-risk only applies to one incident. In case of damages that obviously did not occur at the same time from the same incident your insurance self-risk will be charged for each incident.
3. If we need to pick-up the vehicle after damage we charge 2.5 EUR per driven km outside of the capital area or a minimum of 200 EUR
Damages NOT covered by the CDW or SCDW
a) Intentional damage or damage due to gross negligence on the part of the driver.
b) Damage resulting from the driver being under the influence of alcohol, stimulants or sedatives or under the influence of any other intoxicants that might make the driver incapable of driving the vehicle in a safe manner.
c) Damage due to race driving.
d) Damage due to war, revolution, civil unrest or riots.
e) Damage done by animals.
f) Damage caused by putting Gasoline on a Diesel fuel tank.
g) Damage caused by driving on rough roads to the vehicles transmission, drive, other parts that are in or attached to the chassis. Damage to the chassis resulting from scraping the bottom on rough roads as a result of: ridges being left by the road graders or stones lodged in the road surface or on the shoulder of the road. The same applies to damage that occurs when stones are thrown up, striking the underside of the vehicle while driving. Any damages to tires, wheels or the chassis (underneath the vehicle) are always on your responsibility.
h) Damages due to river crossing or any other water damage to the vehicle.
i) Damages resulting from driving in places where vehicle traffic is banned, such as: Unmarked paths or tracks, in banks of snow, ice, unabridged rivers or streams, beaches, places only accessible during low tide, or other trackless areas (off road).
j) Damage caused by sand, ash, pumice, gravel or other kinds or earth material being blown onto the vehicle.
k) Damage to 2×4 vehicles caused by driving on roads marked as F-roads (highland roads) as well as driving Kjölur (road 35) or Kaldidalur (550), road 570, road 936, road 910 and Road 622 or damage to 4×4 vehicles caused by driving on roads: 622, F-578, F-337, F-210, F-910 or F-980.
l) Damage caused by sea spray / seawater if vehicle is transported by sea.
m) Damage affecting only wheels, tires, suspension, batteries, glass (other than windows), radios, or any other parts of the vehicle lost or damaged by theft.
n) Holes burned into seats, carpets or mats.
o) Lessor’s loss if vehicle is stolen.
In other instances, reference is made to the general conditions for accident/all-risk insurance.
6. Obligations of the Renter
The lessee agrees to the provisions of the lease and has received a copy of it.
The lessee agrees to pay the lessor:
1. A 50% deposit of the orders amount when booking the reservation.
2. The remaining 50% at the beginning of the rental period, upon pick-up.
3. Any extra payments due to the use of the vehicle such as: traffic or parking tickets, fuel re-fill, damage to the vehicle or any other cost due to the use of the vehicle.
4. All expenses if the lessor has to bring the vehicle back to his premises, in the event that the vehicle has been left somewhere without supervision, without regards to the vehicles condition, the roads or the weather.
5. Any fines due to the use of the vehicle in a way that contravenes the provisions of the lease agreement such as: driving a 2×4 vehicle on a road marked as F-road (highland road).
The lessee must return the vehicle:
1. With all items that were either attached to the vehicle or included with the vehicle at the start of the rental, in the same condition as upon reception, except for normal wear and tear from use. If any items are missing upon the vehicles return or returned in an unsatisfactory condition, either extras rented with the vehicle, items included with the vehicle or items attached to the vehicle at the start of the rental, the lessor is authorized to charge for these items according to Cozy Campers price list.
2. To Cozy Campers Office on the date and time specified on the lease. If the lessee does not return the vehicle at the time specified on the lease, or does not declare his intention to extend the lease with at least a 24 hour notice, the lessor or the police are authorized to repossess the vehicle without further notice and at the lessee’s expense. If the lessee returns the vehicle 1 hour or later after the lease has expired the lessor is authorized to charge for up to a 24 hour rental and for every day thereafter collect all charges under the terms of the lease and according to Cozy Campers price list.
3. With a full fuel tank. If the lessee does not return the vehicle with a full tank the lessor is authorized to charge for the fuel needed to fill the tank as well as a 50 EUR service fee.
The vehicle shall be handled and driven carefully. Only those named as drivers on the lease are authorized to drive the vehicle.
In the event of a collision or accident the lessee shall immediately notify police authorities as well as the lessor. The lessee may not leave the scene before the police have arrived.
The lessee is liable for any damage resulting from the use of the vehicle for which no compensation will be paid by the insurance company and is therefore not covered by any insurance. This includes damages to the vehicle and/or injury to passengers due to the following:
a) Off road driving, for example: on paths and tracks not marked on public maps, on beaches, in areas only accessible during low tide or in other trackless areas.
b) Vehicle use that contravenes the provisions of the lease and/or Icelandic law including driving under the influence of any intoxicants.
c) Driving in or across rivers or any kind of waterways. Cost of any damage to the vehicle due to river crossing is completely on the lessee’s responsibility.
d) Driving in banks of snow and ice.
The lessee is not authorized to have repairs done or make changes to the vehicle or its accessories or put the vehicle up as any kind of shield or security, without the prior consent of the lessor.
The lessee is not authorized to use the vehicle to transport passengers for payment, lend it to others or sublease it.
The lessor is not responsible for the disappearance of or damage to property that lessee or any other party leaves in or transports with the vehicle.
If the lessee violates any terms of this contract while the lease is in force, the lessor and the police are authorized to repossess the vehicle without further notice at the lessee’s expense.
7. Obligations of Cozy Campers
Cozy Campers shall provide the rented vehicle at the agreed time in satisfactory condition that meet the demands made for it.
If the vehicle malfunctions Cozy Campers is responsible for fixing the vehicle as soon as possible or substituting the vehicle with another similar vehicle or a vehicle of a higher class.
Cozy Campers shall inform the Renter about the content of the lease agreement, especially about the Renters obligations under the terms of the agreement.
Cozy Campers shall inform a foreign Renter about Icelandic traffic rules, traffic signs, rules regarding the prohibition of off-road driving and draw particular attention to the dangers posed by animals on roads.
If Cozy Campers wishes to limit the use of the vehicle with regards to its equipment and/or condition, this shall be done in writing when the lease is signed.
Cozy Campers is responsible for maintaining valid liability insurance for his vehicles.
8. General Provisions
The lessee confirms with his/her signature to this rental agreement that he/she received the vehicle and attachments in satisfactory condition.
Signing this rental agreement is equal to lessee’s signature for a credit card transaction due to payments of charges which are rightfully claimed by the lessor according to provisions of this rental agreement.
This rental agreement must always be in the vehicle while the lease is in force at the responsibility of the lessee.
In the event of a Force Majeure, that is uncontrollable circumstances that could not been foreseen nor avoided, events such as: strikes, work stops, acts of war, terrorism or civil disorder, natural disasters (fires, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes), Neither party will be liable for compensation due to failure or delay in performance of their obligations according to the terms of the agreement. Any party invoking the Force Majeure act shall inform the other party as soon as possible and shall submit reasonable proof of the nature of the Force Majeure event and of its effect upon the performance of the party’s obligations under the terms the agreement.
Additions and amendments to the conditions and provisions of this lease agreement shall be made in writing.
Icelandic law applies to agreements made on the basis of the terms stated above. This includes any claims for compensation that might be made. This applies both to the basis for and the calculation of compensation. The same applies to claims for damage based on liability outside this agreement. If legal disputes arise concerning the lease agreement, they will be heard by the lessor’s legal venue.
Disputes that may arise between the parties regarding the lease agreement can be submitted to the arbitration committee of the Icelandic Consumers Association and the Icelandic Travel Industry Association.