Age & Drivers License
To be able to rent a Cozy Camper the registered driver and any extra drivers must be at least 21 years old and have held a drivers license for at least 12 months prior to the rental date.
Booking & Payments
1. Reservations must be made at least 24 hours before the rental period begins and the rental period must be a minimum of 3 days (72 hours). To reserve a Cozy Camper a deposit of 50% is required (full payments are optional when booking). Any leftover payments are due upon pickup and can be paid with a credit card.
We only accept Visa and MasterCard. However, we do not accept debit cards or prepaid credit cards. At the start of the rental, we will make an imprint of your credit card for security reasons, even when a voucher covers the total cost of the rental. This imprint may be used to cover any extra charges such as parking or traffic tickets, fuel-refill, damage to the vehicle or any other cost due to the use of the rented.
2. Local value added tax (VAT) 24% is included in all prices.
If you wish to cancel your reservation we will refund you a 100% when you cancel 15 days or more prior to the start of your rental. After that, we refund 85% of the whole amount of your order. Note that we can not be held responsible for any changes in exchange rates.
1. Modifications can be made to your reservation until the rental agreement has been signed. If you wish to change your reservation please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If you wish to extend or shorten your rental period while the lease is in force we require you to give us at least a 24 hour notice. Note that no refund is given if you choose to return the camper earlier then the date/time specified on your reservation.
If you need any assistance with booking or changing your reservation please e-mail us at: email@example.com
Pick-up & Drop-off
All campers must be picked up at our office by 5:30 pm, so we can finalize contracts, any leftover payments and give you a tour of the camper before you start your adventure! Check out our Transport Service below:
Pick up – Transport Service
From Reykjavik to Cozy Campers Office (FREE)
Service available every day: 9 am – 5 pm.
We will pick you up at your Hotel in Reykjavik or anywhere in the Reykjavik Area and transport you to our office where you will receive your Cozy Camper.
*Please be ready 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
From KEF airport to Cozy Campers Office (FREE)
Service available every day: only available if your flight lands before 3:30 pm
The Flybus will transport you from Keflavik Airport to BSI Bus Terminal in Reykjavik where you will take a Taxi (Hreyfill) to our office where you will receive your Cozy Camper. We provide the flybus tickets via e-mail!
*The Flybus departs from Keflavik Airport 35-40 minutes after each flight.
*If your flight is delayed between 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm, you will need to take a taxi from KEF airport to our office (at your own cost).
*If your flight is delayed past 4:00 pm you will need to reschedule your pickup to the next morning.
*You must take a Hreyfill taxi from BSI to our office to get it for FREE.
Note that it is NOT optional to pick up the camper outside of opening hours!
All campers must be dropped off at our office!
Drop-off during opening hours: Please drop the camper off at our office by 5:30 pm. The drop off process takes about 15 minutes as the camper must undergo a quick inspection.
Drop-off – Transport Service
From Cozy Campers Office to Reykjavik (FREE)
Service available every day: 9 am – 5 pm.
We will transport you from our office to your Hotel In Reykjavik or anywhere in the Reykjavik Area.
Drop-off outside of opening hours: If you wish to drop your Cozy Camper off outside of opening hours, that is between 5:30 pm – 9:00 am, a security deposit equivalent to your insurance self-risk (300-2500 EUR) will be taken at the start of the rental. This deposit may be used to cover any extra charges such as parking, traffic or toll fines, fuel refill, damage to the vehicle or any other cost due to the use of the rented vehicle. Please park the camper outside our office, lock it and return the keys through the hatch on our office door. Thank you!
Remember to return the camper at the correct time!
If you return the camper 1+ hours later then the time specified on your reservation we charge: A FULL DAY
If you wish to return the camper earlier then the time specified on your reservation we require you to give us a
24 hour notice!
(we do not refund if you choose to return the camper earlier then the date/time specified on your reservation)
We reserve the right to substitute a vehicle if the reserved camper is not available upon pick-up, either with a similar camper or a camper of a higher class.
All our campers are well equipped with all the essentials you need to enjoy your travel in Iceland:
– Bed (120×193 cm) *Note that Cozy 1 has a smaller bed (110×193*)
– Sink with running water
– Gas Stove + 1 Gas Can
– Cookware & Kitchenware
– Linen, Duvets & Pillows
– Heating System
– Extra Battery
– Unlimited km/miles
– Tracking Device
– CDW Insurance
You will receive the camper with a full fuel tank and we require you to return it with a full tank. If you do not we will charge for the fuel needed to fill the tank as well as a service fee of 50 €.
We ask you to take good care of your Cozy Camper while traveling. Free cleaning is included with each vehicle. However if the vehicle is exceptionally dirty when dropped off we charge 50 €.
All our campers are equipped with a tracking device to ensure your safety while traveling in Iceland. Note that your location is confidential and will never be given out to a third party.
It is forbidden to drive off road or marked paths. 2×4 (2-wheel drive) vehicles are forbidden to drive on roads marked as F-roads (highland roads), as well as driving on Kjölur (road 35) or Kaldidalur (road 550), road 570, road 936, road 910 and Road 622, or any road marked with a jeep on road.is map.
Driving on roads marked as F-roads (highland roads) is only allowed on 4×4 (4-wheel drive) vehicles. A few roads are off limits for our 4×4 campers and they are: Road 622, F-578, F-337, F-261, F-210, F-821, F-88, F-910 and F-980.
Landmannalaugar – recommended route: F208 North (road 32 – road F26 – F208) or F225 (road 26 – F225) – If you choose to drive F208 South to Landmannalaugar please be extra cautious!
Askja – recommended route: road 901 (Mörðudalsleið) – road F905 – road F910 (It is NOT allowed to drive route F88 to Askja)
Þórsmörk – recommended route: road 249 – road F-249
Note that river crossing on F-roads is completely on your own responsibility and any damage due to river crossing is on your own cost. Violations due to forbidden road crossing could result in a fine equivalent to the amount of your self-risk according to Cozy Campers price list. Note that fines do not affect your liability regarding damage.
Please have in mind that roads with high accident rate involving foreign drivers include:
– Road 26 (Landvegur, Southern Iceland)
– Road 268 (Þingskálavegur, Southern Iceland)
– Road 42 (Krísuvíkurvegur, Reykjanes peninsula)
– Road 55 (Heydalsvegur, Snæfellsnes Peninsula)
– Road 54 (Snæfellsvegur, Snæfellsnes Peninsula)
– Road 59 (Laxárdalsvegur, Westfjords)
– Road 60 (Vestfjarðarvegur, Westfjords)
– Road 63 (Bíldudalsvegur, Westfjords)
– Road 612 (Örlygshafnarvegur, Westfjords)
– Road 711 (Vatnsnesvegur, Nothern Iceland)
– Road 864 (Hólsfjallavegur, Northern Iceland) – 4×4 recommended!
– Road 939 (Öxi, Eastern Iceland) – All campers: AVOID during winter!
Please drive extra carefully when entering these road
Weather & Road Information
Obtaining information regarding road conditions, weather forecast and general warnings while traveling in Iceland is on your own responsibility. For more information regarding weather and road conditions see Safe Travel.
Mandatory Vehicle Insurance
1. Third party liability insurance will be equivalent to the amount stipulated in Icelandic law at any given time.
2. CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) is included with each rental. The CDW insurance includes liability insurance and accident insurance for the driver and owner of the vehicle. You are liable for damages to the vehicle up to the amount of 2500 €.
Additional Vehicle Insurance
1. To lower your self-risk you can purchase the SCDW (Super Collision Damage Waiver). The SCDW includes liability insurance and accident insurance for the driver and the owner of the vehicle. With the SCDW you are liable for damages to the vehicle up to the amount of 600 €.
2. GP (Gravel Protection) covers damages to the windscreen, headlights, body and paint on the front of the vehicle caused by gravel thrown to the vehicle.
3. SAAP (Sand And Ash Protection) covers damages to the paint, windows, lights and components of the vehicle due to sand and ash storms. With the SAAP you are liable for damages to the vehicle up to the amount of 600 €.
4. PP (Premium Package) covers all above! Includes SCDW, GP and SAAP insurance. With the Premium Package you are liable for damages to the vehicle up to the amount of 300 €.
Collision & Damage
1. In case of a collision or accident we charge the whole amount of your insurance self-risk from your credit card. When the severity of the damage has been evaluated by a certified workshop, we will refund you the balance between your self-risk and the price of repairing the damage. Note that this process can take up to 30 days.
2. Each insurance self-risk only applies to one incident. In case of damages that obviously did not occur at the same time from the same incident your insurance self-risk will be charged for each incident.
3. If we need to pick-up the vehicle after damage we charge 2,50 € per driven km.
4. Damages NOT covered by the CDW or SCDW
a) Intentional damage or damage due to gross negligence on the part of the driver.
b) Damage resulting from the driver being under the influence of alcohol, stimulants or sedatives or under the influence of any other intoxicants that might make the driver incapable of driving the vehicle in a safe manner.
c) Damage due to race driving.
d) Damage due to war, revolution, civil unrest or riots.
e) Damage done by animals.
f) Damage caused by putting Gasoline on a Diesel fuel tank.
g) Damage caused by driving on rough roads to the vehicles transmission, drive, other parts that are in or attached to the chassis. Damage to the chassis resulting from scraping the bottom on rough roads as a result of: ridges being left by the road graders or stones lodged in the road surface or on the shoulder of the road. The same applies to damage that occurs when stones are thrown up, striking the underside of the vehicle while driving. Any damages to tires or the chassis (underneath the vehicle) are always on your responsibility.
h) Damages due to river crossing or any other water damage to the vehicle.
i) Damages resulting from driving in places where vehicle traffic is banned, such as: Unmarked paths or tracks, in banks of snow, ice, unbridged rivers or streams, beaches, places only accessible during low tide, or other trackless areas.
j) Damage caused by sand, ash, pumice, gravel or other kinds or earth material being blown onto the vehicle.
k) Damage to 2×4 vehicles caused by driving on roads marked as F-roads (highland roads) as well as driving Kjölur (road 35) or Kaldidalur (550), road 570, road 936, road 910 and Road 622 or damage to 4×4 vehicles caused by driving on roads: 622, F-578, F-337, F-210, F-910 or F-980 .
l) Damage caused by sea spray / seawater if vehicle is transported by sea.
m) Damage affecting only wheels, tires, suspension, batteries, glass (other than windows), radios, or any other parts of the vehicle lost or damaged by theft.
n) Holes burned into seats, carpets or mats.
o) Lessor’s loss if vehicle is stolen.
In other instances, reference is made to the general conditions for accident/all-risk insurance.
Obligations of the lessee
The lessee agrees to the provisions of the lease and has received a copy of it.
The lessee agrees to pay the lessor:
1. A 50% deposit of the orders amount when booking the reservation.
2. The remaining 50% at the beginning of the rental period, upon pick-up.
3. Any extra payments due to the use of the vehicle such as: traffic or parking tickets, fuel re-fill, damage to the vehicle or any other cost due to the use of the vehicle.
4. All expenses if the lessor has to bring the vehicle back to his premises, in the event that the vehicle has been left somewhere without supervision, without regards to the vehicles condition, the roads or the weather.
5. Any fines due to the use of the vehicle in a way that contravenes the provisions of the lease agreement such as: driving a 2×4 vehicle on a road marked as F-road (highland road).
The lessee must return the vehicle:
1. With all items that were either attached to the vehicle or included with the vehicle at the start of the rental, in the same condition as upon reception, except for normal wear and tear from use. If any items are missing upon the vehicles return or returned in an unsatisfactory condition, either extras rented with the vehicle, items included with the vehicle or items attached to the vehicle at the start of the rental, the lessor is authorized to charge for these items according to Cozy Campers price list.
2. To Cozy Campers Office on the date and time specified on the lease. If the lessee does not return the vehicle at the time specified on the lease, or does not declare his intention to extend the lease with at least a 24 hour notice, the lessor or the police are authorized to repossess the vehicle without further notice and at the lessee’s expense. If the lessee returns the vehicle 1 hour or later after the lease has expired the lessor is authorized to charge for up to a 24 hour rental and for every day thereafter collect all charges under the terms of the lease and according to Cozy Campers price list.
3. With a full fuel tank. If the lessee does not return the vehicle with a full tank the lessor is authorized to charge for the fuel needed to fill the tank as well as a 50 € service fee.
The vehicle shall be handled and driven carefully. Only those named as drivers on the lease are authorized to drive the vehicle.
In the event of a collision or accident the lessee shall immediately notify police authorities as well as the lessor. The lessee may not leave the scene before the police have arrived.
The lessee is liable for any damage resulting from the use of the vehicle for which no compensation will be paid by the insurance company and is therefore not covered by any insurance. This includes damages to the vehicle and/or injury to passengers due to the following:
a) Off road driving, for example: on paths and tracks not marked on public maps, on beaches, in areas only accessible during low tide or in other trackless areas.
b) Vehicle use that contravenes the provisions of the lease and/or Icelandic law including driving under the influence of any intoxicants.
c) Driving in or across rivers or any kind of waterways. Cost of any damage to the vehicle due to river crossing is completely on the lessee’s responsibility.
d) Driving in banks of snow and ice.
The lessee is not authorized to have repairs done or make changes to the vehicle or its accessories or put the vehicle up as any kind of shield or security, without the prior consent of the lessor.
The lessee is not authorized to use the vehicle to transport passengers for payment, lend it to others or sublease it.
The lessor is not responsible for the disappearance of or damage to property that lessee or any other party leaves in or transports with the vehicle.
If the lessee violates any terms of this contract while the lease is in force, the lessor and the police are authorized to repossess the vehicle without further notice at the lessee’s expense.
Obligations of the lessor
The lessor shall provide the rented vehicle at the agreed time in satisfactory condition that meet the demands made for it.
If the vehicle malfunctions the lessor is responsible for fixing the vehicle as soon as possible or substituting the vehicle with another similar vehicle or a vehicle of a higher class.
The lessor shall inform the lessee about the content of the lease agreement, especially about the lessee’s obligations under the terms of the agreement.
The lessor shall inform a foreign lessee about Icelandic traffic signs and regulations.
If the lessor wants to limit the use of the vehicle with regards to its equipment and/or condition, this shall be done in writing when the lease is signed.
The lessor is responsible for maintaining valid liability insurance for his vehicles.
The lessee confirms with his/her signature to this rental agreement that he/she received the vehicle and attachments in satisfactory condition.
Signing this rental agreement is equal to lessee’s signature for a credit card transaction due to payments of charges which are rightfully claimed by the lessor according to provisions of this rental agreement.
This rental agreement must always be in the vehicle while the lease is in force at the responsibility of the lessee.
In the event of a Force Majeure, that is uncontrollable circumstances that could not been foreseen nor avoided, events such as: strikes, work stops, acts of war, terrorism or civil disorder, natural disasters (fires, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes), Neither party will be liable for compensation due to failure or delay in performance of their obligations according to the terms of the agreement. Any party invoking the Force Majeure act shall inform the other party as soon as possible and shall submit reasonable proof of the nature of the Force Majeure event and of its effect upon the performance of the party’s obligations under the terms the agreement.
Additions and amendments to the conditions and provisions of this lease agreement shall be made in writing.
Icelandic law applies to agreements made on the basis of the terms stated above. This includes any claims for compensation that might be made. This applies both to the basis for and the calculation of compensation. The same applies to claims for damage based on liability outside this agreement. If legal disputes arise concerning the lease agreement, they will be heard by the lessor’s legal venue.
Disputes that may arise between the parties regarding the lease agreement can be submitted to the arbitration committee of the Icelandic Consumers Association and the Icelandic Travel Industry Association.